Director of Milk Marketing
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Director of Milk Marketing for a well-established coop in the Southeast.
What's in it for you:
• Make a difference for your customers and the dairy industry.
• Work alongside some of the industry"s leaders and influencers.
• Build a professional network of industry specialists.
What you will be doing:
• Analyze target market information to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches; evaluate market conditions and data to recommend and implement strategic plan changes, as needed.
• Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for senior management team.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of supplemental supplies, pricing pools, T-credits, differentials, and federal orders which impact SMI; recommend changes which would improve effectiveness of pools.
• Explore potential opportunities for joint ventures and partnerships to leverage cooperative's ability to increase market access to customers.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with milk market administrators.
• Study market conditions, competitors" activities and consumer behavior and convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports.
• Assist in the development of pricing strategies to maximize profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction.
• Identify short-term and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget, profit/loss projections, expenditure spending, and other financial considerations.
• Participate in monthly SMI Pricing Committee calls; announce prices and SMI marketing information.
• Prepare monthly board reports for CEO; provide board presentations as needed.
• Assist with finalizing monthly SMI price calculation.
• Provide quotes to customers for pricing of milk and SMI's plants for bids.
• Negotiate milk marketing supply agreements.
• Take active role identifying new potential customers and in growing and maintaining existing sales and customer relationships.
• Forecast and track monthly conventional and organic sales and production.
• Provide insight into seasonal milk movements and pricing.
• Attend and/or participate at conventions, conferences, and tradeshows, preparing engaging displays and collateral as needed, and providing post-event reports and analysis.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate for this Director of Milk Marketing will possess the following:
• Bachelor"s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or closely-related discipline and minimum of five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have thorough understanding of market development and marketing strategies in dairy industry.
• Must maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable MVR; local and out-of-area travel will be required.
• Must be available for attendance at all SMI Board of Director meetings.
• Must possess strong analytical, prioritizing, and problem-solving skills; must be a highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated attention to detail.
• Must have excellent organizational/time management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with internal/external customers.
• Must have ability to apply knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
• Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and technical procedure manuals; must have ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; must have ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Must have ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; must have ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Compensation: Compensation for this role is in the $110,000 range.
Benefits: This position provides full benefits.
Desired Location: The Director of Milk Marketing role is located in Belleview, FL.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Director of Milk Marketing job.