Job Title: Manager of Produce Development, Sales and Marketing
Business Unit: Afgritech-Watertown, New York
Reporting to: General Manager and National Sales Manager
Working Relationships: General Manager & National Sales Manager, Operations Manager, Controller, Customers, Key Suppliers, Universities, and Trade Associations
The Job: Responsible for the research,development, formulation, commercialization, sales, and technical support of new and existing products at Afgritech, LLC. This position will ensure the continued growth of Afgritech through constant contact with current and prospective customers, allied industry partners and academia. The Manager of Product Development is responsible for identifying producer needs in an evolving marketplace, developing products that satisfy those specific needs while keeping Afgritech in alignment with scientific advancement, process enhancements and industry evolution.
The Role Specifically:
- Develop and maintain a credible presence in the North-Eastern US Dairy Industry through constant contact with current customers and prospects as well as allied industry partners, universities, and trade associations.
- Travel independently to customers, farms, trade shows representing Afgritech and its innovative products to build additional sales volume.
- Maintain Afgritech s continued leadership position through the development and execution of research projects that have high probability of leading to new products and/or refinements to existing products that maximize producer return on investment, facilitate entry into new markets, and fully utilize the technical and production capabilities of Afgritech.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and prospects through personal visits and phone contact to accurately determine their unmet needs and potential for new products.
- Increase profitability of the enterprise through commercialization of value-added products that offer greater profit margins than traditional products in sales growth.
- Implement formulation efficiencies, research novel ingredient inclusions, and measure subsequent impact on manufacturing throughput, cost analysis, product performance, as well as ultimate producer profitability.
- Maintain and share knowledge of industry trends, economic forecasts, scientific advancements in the field of livestock nutrition, specifically dairy, to maintain Afgritech s status as a cutting-edge source for quality livestock feed additives.
- Assist the Afgritech team in development of business forecasts for new products and successful product launch strategies.
Prioritization & Working to Deadline:
- To demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure and to consistently meet deadlines.
- To have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Competitive mindset with focus on product development and sales.
- To provide succinct, relevant information and leadership to the team.
- To own and resolve customer and product issues as appropriate.
- To provide knowledge of evolving markets and subsequent business opportunities for Afgritech.
- To increase sales, profitability and efficiency of the enterprise.
- To ensure business initiatives are completed to the required standards on time and within budget.
- To lead our new customer outreach efforts through personal contact and dairy industry events.
- To actively support and fully contribute to the team ensuring objectives are met.
- To help provide directional leadership in research, nutrition, and industry market objectives.
- To assist with product training and technical guidance.
- Enthusiastic and alert
- Takes responsibility
- Organized and efficient
- Adapt and Inquisitive Initiative and proactive
- Heightened attention to detail
- Active listener
- Capable presenter
- Patient Team player
- Genuine interest in helping others
- Practical problem solver
- Fact Driven
- Meticulous in task
- Continuous improvement
- Futuristic Long term planning
- PHD desired or Masters in Dairy Nutrition.
- Significant experience in dairy operations, nutritional modelling, and Microsoft Products.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Organized and goal-oriented, a real self-starter.
- Strong decision-making abilities.
- Able to travel as required.
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits include retirement match, health, dental, vision, life insurance, ST/LT disability, vacation, and personal time off.
- Travel expenses and mileage reimbursement (at IRS applicable rate)
- Reimbursement for professional dues and organization cost.
Interested candidates should send their resume or CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Lisa Sawdey
810 Waterman Dr
Watertown, NY 13601