AC Nutrition - Sales Consultant
Location: Flexible, Preferably near Roswell, New Mexico
Comments: This job description reflects essential functions but it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Summary: The Sales Consultant should strive to understand the unique needs and limitations of each customer and tailor both the product and service offering. Your goal is to identify performance limitations, find solutions to nutritional problems, and assist customers in implementing plans that will move them toward their stated goals in a manner that is mutually beneficial.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to build long-term relationships with clients and communicate effectively with sales team members and other technical specialists.
- Persuasive presentation style.
- Strong problem-solving skills in order to analyze customer issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Persistency in pursuing leads to generate sales.
- Willingness to keep up-to-date on the latest advances in the industry.
- Strong working knowledge of beef cattle nutrition.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. Beef industry.
- Good working knowledge of the U.S. feed and supplement industry.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience in technical sales preferably in a beef feed or health-related industry.
- Willingness to travel away from home on a regular basis, 70%+
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strong relationships with key influencers in the beef industry that foster optimal business growth.
- Represent and sell company products by developing relationships and providing solutions to customers and prospects, primarily beef ranches.
- Communicate timely, prudent industry information to management on a regular basis.
- Create a working environment which encourages honest and open communications amongst team members.
- 70 to 80% of work time is spent in the field working with the sales team, customers and prospects providing technical support that leads to product sales.
- 20 to 30% of work time is administrative activities, planning, follow up and attending company and industry meetings or events. This is done from a home office.
- Develop as a peer to other regional and national industry professionals.
- Leverage technical and business resources offered by the company.
- Develop a network of external resources from suppliers and academia.
- Reports to the General Manager, AC Nutrition.
AC Nutrition is a brand of AC Bluebonnet, LP, a subsidiary of Standard Nutrition Company, based in Omaha, NE.