Syngenta is one of the world leaders for its activities. The group employs over 26,000 people in more than 90 countries with one goal: to express the potential of plants. Through our leading scientific capabilities, global presence and customer commitment, we help increase crop yields and profitability, protect the environment, and improve health and quality of life.
Syngenta Monthey is a production site for active substances, with 900 employees. Its activities are mainly related to plant protection and to a lesser extent to the Professional Products sector.
This is the perfect time to join Syngenta, we are recruiting a:
- Chaine Manager based in Monthey, Valais, Switzerland.
As part of this function, you will be required to:
- Manage the production of products in the equipment concerned in order to achieve the commercial objectives; plan and develop in the medium term the human and material resources to meet the requests of our customers; and create an environment and culture that supports the philosophy of continuous improvement.
As such, you will need:
- Analyze and approve production plans, collaborate with support functions, monitor performance and, in case of deviation, initiate corrective actions to ensure that commitments made to our customers are respected in terms of HSE standards, deadlines, quantity, quality and costs
- Recruit team members and manage their individual and collective performance goals. Set up a training and development program to maximize the operational functioning of the chain
- Implement production strategies, in agreement with the Supply Chain (SCT) team, to meet their specific needs
- Ensure and control expenses within agreed limits. Identify and propose solutions for reducing fixed costs
- Supervise and maintain plant QA systems (HSE & Production) to deliver performance levels that meet internal and external requirements
- Improve work efficiency by fostering a team-friendly work environment
- Develop team members to improve the overall performance of the company
- Provide production information to the Supply Chain Team (TBS) and commercial functions
- Communicate with Supply Chain Managers
For this position, you have:
- Academic training (EHS or equivalent) or another title considered similar
- Excellent knowledge of a production environment with similar issues
- At least 2 years of significant experience on an equivalent position