The Hudson Valley Farm Hub (HVFH) is a not-for-profit farm on 1,500 acres in Hurley, NY with a mission to promote an equitable and ecologically resilient food system in the region. HVFH advances this mission through our programs, which include agricultural training, farmscape ecology research and education, community food access, and supporting language justice.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Associate Director for Programs, the Administrative Assistant plays a key role in ensuring the Hudson Valley Farm Hub’s (HVFH) programs are operating efficiently and effectively. The Administrative Assistant will work collaboratively as part of a team and across departments to maintain coordinated administrative support within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage an active calendar for the Associate Director of Programs, including scheduling, prioritization, coordinating with others’ calendars, assisting with itineraries and agendas, and compiling meeting documents or other preparatory materials
- Create and maintain electronic and paper filing systems
- Assist with purchase orders, expense reports, budget tracking, and workflow related to invoices and contracts
- Coordinate meeting and event preparation, including scheduling, venue booking, catering and other logistics
- Support meetings recordings and/or minutes and assist with follow-up task tracking and communications
- Assist with on-farm visitor hospitality and logistics
- Support administrative and office systems planning, capacity building and troubleshooting in partnership with the Office Manager and other administrative staff
- Arrange for occasional travel for the Associate Director of Programs and other program staff
- Coordinate with other administrative staff on key projects, tasks, meetings, and/or events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least three years of professional office-based administrative experience
- Demonstrated interest in social justice and the mission of the HVFH
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and ability to track multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with complex schedule management
- Comfortable with budgets and financial information
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and phone manner
- Positive and friendly disposition, with a customer service orientation
- Excellent judgement and professional demeanor
- Flexible, problem-solving and able to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Proactive and able to anticipate upcoming administrative needs and tasks
- Comfortable working collaboratively as part of a diverse team with a willingness to contribute to a supportive organizational culture
- Sense of humor and capacity for self-reflection
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Outlook (email and calendar) and Excel
- Familiarity with DropBox or other document management software
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Spanish language skills
This is a permanent, full-time, exempt position with a 40-hour workweek. Occasional evenings/weekends required.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Hudson Valley Farm Hub is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic, and experiential backgrounds. We welcome applicants of all races, ethnicities, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, and differently-abled people.