Are you ready to seek a new challenge? Are you interesting in sharpening your leadership skills? If so, our Team Lead role may be the perfect opportunity for you. Here at Corteva agriscience, we are growing whats next by building the future of agriculture leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of both science and technology (thats where you come in!) that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of mankind.
As a team lead, you will be responsible assisting with canola field inspection activities at the Wingham Parent Seed Plant. The temporary full-time positions vary from 4-8 weeks starting early June depending on the weather, time of planting and applicant availability.
***Currently Multiple Openings***
What you will do:
- Work in field and warehouse setting
- Responsible for transporting, training, supervising and working along with a crew of four seasonal employees
- Will also be responsible for completing inspection forms and reports weekly.
- 8:00am-4:00pm; M-F
- Start Date: June
- Paid weekly at $16.00 per hour
- Management experience, leading 5 or 6 people
- Really good entry level position and exposure to Corteva.
- Build valuable relationships
What expertise have you grown? What is required from you?
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid G-class Drivers License and a clean driving record. You will be required to safely operate a Pioneer vehicle
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- CPR/First Aid Certified is an asset.
- Applicant should be passionate about a position in agriculture
- Must be willing to work outdoors in various environments
- Must be able to motivate and supervise a crew of up to four people
- Must be conscientious and have excellent attention to detail
- Good communication, organizational and independent skills