At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture solving the worlds food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
We're currently seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Input Traits Discovery team in Johnston, Iowa, as a Research Associate. Your role involves participation in a multidisciplinary program for the discovery of insect active toxins. Learn more below!
Responsibilities - What You'll Do:
- Participate in gene testing strategies including high throughput screening methods in model and target crop systems
- Complete general molecular biology tasks to maintain bacterial strains including transforming cell lines, growing cultures, streaking plates, and making glycerols
- Conduct daily care of plants and optimization of growth conditions including the potential for automation as well as occasional weekend work
- Sample plants for relevant expression and efficacy assays
- Assist in preparing SOPs, technical reports, summaries and data analyses
- Conduct routine lab maintenance including making solutions, tracking inventories, ensuring safety standards, and ordering supplies
Qualifications - What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry or a closely related field of study with a minimum of 2 to 4 years of industry related experience or equivalent amount of relevant education and experience.
- Familiarity with molecular biology and plant biology techniques
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational and people skills, with ability to work in a team environment
- Solid proficiency with standard computer programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and strong capacity to learn additional computer software
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Johnston, Iowa campus is home to 2,500 employees whose mission is simple to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, were taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, deli, fresh salad bar and a variety of healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful, tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, parties, and holiday events. Did we mention youll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology with colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while youre at work.
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment