At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Searching for a place where you can use your talent to make a difference? Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our company. We are a high energy, fun team who functions with semi-autonomous work cells. If you are a natural leader who loves continuous improvement and are independently driven, then this is the place for you! Corteva offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will work with the Location Maintenance Team to maintain the plant electrical and mechanical equipment for the location. You will be challenged with duties and responsibilities that will evolve throughout the year. Come grow your career with Corteva, where you'll have opportunities use your talents to help maintain one of the best agricultural plants in the Southeastern United States.
Shift schedules for this role will vary and depend on demand. Required on-call work to ensure processes are running will apply to this role also.
$2,500 SIGN ON BONUS!
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain all equipment at our plant.
- Drive and support the safety culture with team members, and drive maintenance and reliability of the process control network
- Assist in the development, installation, inspection and maintenance of new or enhanced mechanical and/or electrical equipment
- Preventative maintenance conducted on field or facility equipment/machinery or vehicles
- May lead others in maintenance or oversee certain program, processes or projects
- May be responsible for supporting capital projects throughout the plant
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- High School Diploma/GED
- Previous electrical experience voltages ranging from 24v to 480v 3 phase
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willing and able to work overtime hours including weekend work and to be on call for operations
- Valid driver’s license
- Problem solving skills, conflict resolution skills, and teamwork skills
- Verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Understanding/experience with Allen Bradley AND/OR General PLC experience
- Willing to complete additional training if necessary
- Knowledge of electrical panels and electrical troubleshooting
- Ability to read blueprints
- Two-year technical / vocational degree in Industrial Technology or three years related work experience
- Moderate level of building electrical system knowledge
- Knowledge of heating/cooling, refrigeration, security, materials handling equipment (i.e., conveyors, elevator legs, packaging equipment, etc.) or other mechanical/electrical systems
- Able to adjust quickly to changing conditions and multiple priorities
- Detail oriented
- Millwright skills
- Truck and forklift driving skills
- Knowledge of hydraulic repair and test equipment
- Training/coaching skills
- Project management skills
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!