Corteva Agriscience has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations. Were looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to create a market-shaping, agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture.
We need Data Scientists to collaborate with visionary crop scientists, agronomists, plant breeders, and engineers to build digitally enabled science and business capabilities.
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your data science skillset to contribute to our team and help us on our mission!?
In this role, you will:
- Engage with a team of domain scientists, data scientists, engineers, and software developers assembled to identify business problems, discover new data opportunities, provide data driven solutions, and deliver production applications which enhance value and efficiency for collaborators and customers.
- Identify, acquire, and engineer feature data sets with potential to address customer needs.
- Develop, prototype, and implement data pipeline and software solutions with engineering and production teams.
- Apply machine learning, statistical or mechanistic models and other computational approaches to extract insights from datasets in complex agronomic systems.
- Collaborate with scientists from multiple domains in solution/experiment design and analyses.
- Conduct and communicate results of research on data science approaches to improve decisions, add value to services, extend or improve in-house models and algorithms, and contribute to the advancement of these ideas into the marketplace.
- Uphold Corteva Agriscience Core Values at all times.
- Demonstrated experience in using machine learning, deep learning, data mining, statistical methodology, or simulation modeling.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and a proven ability to independently deliver analytic solutions by asking the right questions, identifying necessary data sources, heroically munging messy data, building predictive models, and producing actionable results.
- Expert in Python or R in linux environments.
- Comfort in using cloud based systems and services, especially AWS.
- Strong skills in building visualizations of scientific data.
- Proven ability to work in a team setting and ability to complete complex projects on time and in budget.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- An M.S. or PhD in Data Science, or Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or Statistics with demonstrated data science applications.
What will generate excitement:
- Experience working with and managing geospatial data sets with open source tools
- Experience designing Docker or other serverless based deployments
- API focused solution capability
- Strength with Database technologies.