At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Data Scientist Natural Language Process Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Scientist Natural Language Process Intern, are to:
- Develop novel and accurate NLP algorithms and systems;
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various deployed systems;
- Contribute to positive team culture and work ethos based on Bayer LIFE values;
- Support the Health, Safety, and Environment, Compliance, Business Conduct, and Human Rights policies and culture.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled at the University of Illinois-Champaign Urbana pursuing an advanced degree such as Master of Science or Ph.D.in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, or Computational Biology;
- Previous Experience in Natural Language Processing experiments;
- Expertise in Deep Learning;
- Strong programming skills in R, Python, SQL, and/or Java;
- Problem solving ability and experience in analyzing and presenting complex data;
- Organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills;
- Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts;
- Be able to communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise, and actionable manner;
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to work independently;
- Be able to actively engage with internal partners and external collaborators to align strategies and success measures in analytics;
- Be able to work 10-20 hours per week if interning during the semester;
- Be able to work 40 hours per week if interning during the summer.
- Willingness to extend own data science and statistical interests to agriculture and/or experience working with agricultural/biological scientific data;
- Proficiency in Machine Learning and Statistics algorithms and concepts (Mixed Models, Random Forest, Deep Learning, SVM, etc.).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Champaign || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||469301 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |