|Category Leader/Specialist - Procurement, Decatur, IL |
This is an exempt level position.
The Category Leader/Specialist - MRO, partners with all Operational functions and business partners to develop and execute long term Procurement strategies aligned with business goals. The Category Leader/Specialists primary function is to implement sound, innovative MRO supply strategies through market intelligence, sourcing, supplier selection, contract negotiation, and supplier performance management, using ADM's 7-step sourcing process. The Category Leader/Specialist will also develop processes to ensure stakeholder engagement and data-driven decision making. He/she will prepare non-disclosure agreements, requests for quotes/proposals and negotiate global agreements for numerous MRO categories.
- Evaluate market intelligence, internal business goals and historical spend to determine strategic opportunities.
- Prepare and issue requests for quote, proposal or information to qualified suppliers.
- Analyze supplier responses and make data-driven sourcing recommendations.
- Act as prime negotiator with suppliers on price, terms, quality, service, and other business requirements.
- Develop and implement contractual framework in close cooperation with legal.
- Establish short and long term category metrics and TCO savings targets, monitor performance, and communicate these to stakeholders.
- Manage supplier expectations and key performance metrics.
- Apply eSourcing best practices to all sourcing events.
- Serve as a single point of contact for up to 20 MRO categories to ensure maximum leverage is consistently utilized.
- Establish robust communication plan to keep internal business partners informed of progress and benefits of Procurement activity.
- Partner with internal risk and compliance groups to ensure category strategies are compliant with relevant laws, regulations, and risk policies.
- Act as change agent and advocate for Procurement as a value added function.
- Develop and implement process improvements and cost savings initiatives with suppliers.
- Commercial skills and familiarity with contract law
- Competent in financial analysis
- Customer solutions focused
- Proven negotiations skills
- Skilled in cost/benefit analysis and alternative decision making
- Technology adept (eProcurement and P2P systems, standard Office Suite)
- Capacity to develop advanced strategies
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks efficiently and thoroughly
- Global awareness (culture, currencies, geography, political)
- Continuous Improvement
- Communications (oral/written)
- Ability to influence and lead outcome
- Forward, visionary thinker
- Skilled at relationship management, with internal and external partners
- Team oriented