About the Company
Founded in 1921, our client is a family owned Merino & Poll Merino Stud. The property spans over 4,251 hectares running 2,300 Merino stud ewes, 650 Poll stud ewes and 1,500 commercial ewes. The cropping program consists of 2,600ha of wheat, barley, oats and clover.
About the role
Reporting to the Cropping Manager your primary role will be assisting in all day-to-day cropping activities, spraying activities, sheep work and general farm maintenance.
- You will need a strong background in land preparation, spraying and planting activities, irrigation and agricultural chemical application in order to improve productivity, yield and quality
- Basic plant and equipment maintenance, in conjunction with structured daily checks
- Application of highly developed sheep husbandry skills. Prefer own controlled working dogs, as the dogs would be working stud sheep.
- Weekend work if required
Education / Experience / Skills
- AgSafe or ChemCert accreditation is required or the willingness to obtain
- Experience in the harvesting, handling and storing of grain, cereals, canola etc
- Heavy vehicle/driver’s license relevant to the machinery being operated
- Experience in sowing of crops and tractor operations
- Demonstrated experience with livestock (sheep). Must care about the welfare of livestock as well as having a broad knowledge of requirements.
- Observation skills and attention to detail in monitoring sheep health
- Well-organised, self-motivated and reliable with good communication skills and a personable outgoing manner
- Interest in and skills associated with sheep production
Agribusiness Recruitment Pty Ltd thanks all applicants. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.