Job Title:Scientist - Chemistry Location:Kalamazoo, MI, Mid-West United States, USA Company:Zoetis Industry Sector:Agribusiness Industry Type:Animal Health Career Type:Scientist Job Type:Full Time Minimum Years Experience Required:N/A Salary:
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning "pertaining to life." It signals our company"s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.
Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
Scientist - Chemistry
Zoetis is the largest animal health company in the world with an industry-leading veterinary medicine research and development team. We are seeking a medicinal chemist to join our research and development team to develop novel veterinary small molecule therapeutics. This position will require a highly motivated, energetic, and independent chemist with a track record of innovation in organic synthesis.
* Collaborate with chemistry and multi-disciplinary teams to advance projects from lead generation to development candidate selection
* Plan and execute multi-step synthetic sequences aimed at synthesizing key target molecules
* Interpret SAR data to design analogs for synthesis
* Utilize independent thinking to resolve synthetic and chemical biology challenges
* Analyze and record data using an electronic laboratory notebook and other relevant software (Scifinder, Reaxys, ChemDraw, Microsoft Office)
* Proactively maintain a safe work environment and scientific integrity
* Broad knowledge of modern organic chemistry, synthetic methods, purification and compound
* Demonstrated ability to identify and solve complex problems independently to advance research in synthetic chemistry
* Good oral and written communication skills necessary to function effectively in a team setting
* Familiarity with key instruments in lab (HPLC, LCMS, NMR)
* General understanding of the drug discovery process from lead generation to development candidate nomination
* Apply skills and knowledge of other functional areas (biology, DMPK, formulations) to champion innovation in medicinal chemistry design and analog synthesis in the laboratory
* Experience with write-ups for small molecule disclosures in patent applications
* Collaborates with supervisory personnel to develop strategy and tactics for continuous improvement in small molecule projects
Education and Experience Requirements:
B.S./M.S. in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry with 5+ years of relevant experience
This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.