Job Title:Principal Scientist Location:Kalamazoo, MI, Mid-West United States, USA Company:Zoetis Industry Sector:Agribusiness Industry Type:Animal Health Career Type:Scientist Job Type:Full Time Minimum Years Experience Required:3 Salary:
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning "pertaining to life." It signals our company"s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.
Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
The Protein Therapeutics group is seeking a talented and experienced immunobiologist to contribute to our efforts in Global Therapeutics Research at Zoetis. The protein therapeutics group partners with therapeutic areas and project teams to design novel substrate and build robust testing funnels for a variety of therapeutic approaches that improve diseases or conditions in companion animals (cats, dogs, horses) as well as livestock species (cattle, swine, poultry).
The successful candidate should have at least 3 years of relevant experience developing, optimizing, and identifying antibodies from single B-cells. Experience with developing methodologies from a variety of tissues in multiple species is desired but not required. Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
* Isolation and characterization of antibody producing primary cells from single B-cells including a variety of immunological assays including ELISA, ELISpot and flow cytometry
* Experience in the development, characterization and isolation of antigen-specific B-cells
* Significant experience in molecular biology methods associated with antibody repertoire characterization in RACE, degenerate variable region PCR and single cell RT-PCR.
* Experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) of antibody repertoires
* Experience in the expression and characterization of monoclonal antibodies in transient eukaryotic systems
* Collaborate across multiple scientific disciplines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Educational background: PhD (molecular or cellular biology, immunology or related field). BS or MS with at least 3 years of relevant experience. Post-doctoral fellows considered.
* Training or experience in biological sciences focusing on single cell immunobiology.
* Experience in primary immunological cell isolation and co-culture assays
* Self-starter, able to prioritize work and work efficiently with minimal supervision
* Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.