Do you possess a Class-A or B CDL with a Hazmat endorsement or the ability to obtain? Do you have the ability to use GPS calibration tools? Do you have knowledge of agricultural production and practices? Do you also have knowledge of fabrication and fertilizer calibration?
If you said YES to all of these questions, AND, you thrive in a team environment, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an experienced Agricultural Field Services Technician responsible for using agricultural equipment to transport, set-up, and calibrate crop applicator equipment used by growers in the field. This position will inspect vehicle and equipment with every use and complete documentation of bulk material. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and strong customer service skills to professionally interact with our customers. A Class-A or B CDL with Hazmat endorsement is required or the ability to obtain.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Ability to operate all vehicles and equipment in a safe and legal manner
- Ability to use GPS calibration tools
- Knowledge and verifiable experience in the set-up of vehicles
- Knowledge of agricultural production and practices (beneficial)
- Knowledge of fabrication and fertilizer calibration (preferred)
- Mechanical skills
- Ability to repetitively bend and lift boxes and bags up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to obtain crop applicator training
- Ability to travel by vehicle or commercial transportation to other branches, meeting locations, and customer locations / farms
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Maintain a neat appearance and convey professionalism with customers
- Maintain all licenses to comply with regulatory agencies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class-A or B driver's license with Hazmat endorsement or the ability to obtain
- Forklift Driver and Driving Certification (offered on the job)
- Strong customer service orientation required with the ability to interact positively with customers - excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack, and other equipment as required
- Willingness and desire to work overtime hours during busy seasons
- Must be reliable and punctual when reporting to work
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Oversee all aspects of field service support
- Take out, set-up, and calibrate equipment to be used by growers in the field
- Move and set up tanks as needed
- Oversee the daily maintenance of and ensure that all equipment is running and safe to operate - this may include trucks, tractors, and other support equipment assigned to the branch
- Contact sales staff to resolve any disputes that may arise
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Ensure that the correct materials are being used at all times
- Ensure that safety gear is properly used at all times
- Interact with customers in a professional manner. Contact the Salesperson to resolve any disputes.
- Proper application of fertilizer and plant protection products
- Additional duties as requested
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Full employee health and retirement benefit offerings
Job Code: FIELD03325