Requisition ID : 1206
Valent BioSciences is a global organization that embraces a team-focused, fast-paced, challenging and professional work environment offering its employees room to grow. As a leading supplier of environmentally friendly, highly effective products and services for agriculture, public health, and forestry, we are always looking for people who share our passion and commitment to improving the quality of life for people worldwide. The Valent Biosciences manufacturing site located on an expansive 73-acre site in Osage, IA is a state of the art 130,000 square foot plant and is the largest purpose-built biorational facility in the world. It serves as the manufacturing and quality control center for Valent Biosciences broad portfolio of fermentation products.
JOB SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES
The purpose of this position is to assist production and production engineering in meeting all safety, quality, delivery and cost goals set by VBC Management. The individual will assist in troubleshooting production issues, will be working with production engineering on continuous improvement projects and may help with work in the pilot plant.
- Support and comply with all VBC safety and environmental training policies and programs
- Assist in the production process of all fermentation, recovery and formulation steps
- Write, update and maintain production master batch records, work instructions and other standard operating procedures and training manuals
- Proactively identify problems, develop solutions and work on continuous improvement projects
- Assist production with troubleshooting processing problems
- Participate in cost-saving initiatives, and maintain or improve product quality and yield
- Review production operator's batch records for completeness and accuracy
- Assists in training and mentoring production operators
- Required to walk, climb stairs, lift up to 50 pounds, open and close valves, stand and sit
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
- Assist in new product development and realization projects
- Assist with the operation of the pilot plant and scale-up efforts for new products/processes
- Back up Production Engineering functions
- May back up Production Supervisors
- Other duties as required
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION
- AS or BS in Fermentation, bioprocessing, biotechnology or related filed
- Hands-on experience with industrial scale microbial fermentation processes is preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of chemical and biochemical process unit operations is a plus
- Some computer skills are required
- Working knowledge and understanding of process control and automation is a plus
- Must have flexibility to work some limited off-shift and weekend hours in order to support all production shifts when needed
We would welcome the opportunity to review your qualifications.
Valent BioSciences is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.