Requisition ID : 1097
Valent U.S.A LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical Company, Limited, engages in the development, registration, sales and marketing of integrated technological solutions for crop production and pest management that deliver value for our customers and stakeholders. A leading crop protection firm serving the agricultural and non-crop products markets in North America, Valent products help growers produce safe and abundant food and fiber crops, and horticultural professionals improve the quality of life for their customers. The corporate motto, Products That Work, From People Who Care , describes the company's business philosophy. Valent seeks out and provides customers with innovative and effective solutions to their production challenges. Our vision is to be the best company delivering integrated solutions of biorational and traditional crop protection solutions to our customers. Valent is dedicated to creating a world that is healthier and more comfortable, and that has a sustainable abundance of quality, affordable food, helping crops to be the ultimate renewable resource. We are currently searching for a Chemist, Formulation Innovation to work with our Technical Center Team in Dublin, CA.
The Chemist, Formulation Innovation will :
- Lead, develop, execute and create novel and game changing crop protection formulation to stake holder's unmet need.
- Generate new and innovative crop protection products to fuel the line extensions and provide product improvements.
- Maintain awareness of the technological developments and translate these to projects which impact the bottom line.
- Develop a network of internal and external providers who deliver new technology to company.
- Integrate technical knowledge, intuition, and experience to define and solve crop protection formulation challenges to provide business opportunities.
- Manage multiple priorities, changing dynamics of projects and organizational needs, prioritize time and resources to meet the project needs.
- Conceptualize and develop innovative crop protection formulation solution to ensure portfolio focus are met.
- Execute, understand and interpret formulation development testing to support specific project needs and make recommendations based on sound scientific data.
- Develop network of internal and external technology providers, keep abreast of the technological advancement and translate these to novel and innovative products which provide customer benefit.
- Initiate, manage and execute internal and external crop protection formulation development responsibilities, provide timely assessment and recommendation on technology to stake holders (including Business Development, SCC Formulations, Technology Leadership).
- Provide technical leadership for product recommendation, test protocol, competitive product evaluation, for internal and external customers in various forums.
- Work closely with patent attorneys to turn new product ideas into intellectual property, facilitate patent application drafting, prosecuting and ensure patent granted. Monitor patent landscape, find technology gap and leverage new IP to fuel category growth.
- Support the writing, review, and compilation of documentation for crop protection formulation for Invention disclosure and non-disclosure agreement.
- Collaborate seamlessly with discovery and business functional areas to ensure portfolio progression.
- Stay abreast of new and current crop protection formulation technologies, practices, trends, regulatory expectation & requirement, and effectively share the knowledge with cross functional teams
- MSc or PhD in chemistry or physical sciences or related discipline preferred.
- 3-10 years of formulation development experience in the crop protection industry.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of crop protection formulation development.
- Direct and effective communication with internal stake holder such as marketing, regulatory, legal .......and other external stake holders.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance for crop protection formulation with EPA, is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and effective multi-tasking capabilities are essential to the success of the Chemist, Formulation Innovation role.
- Project management expertise is highly desirable.
Sumitomo Chemical Company, a 20 billion dollar business, includes over 100 subsidiaries and affiliates operating in five business sectors - petrochemicals and plastics, IT-related chemicals, pharmaceuticals, energy & functional materials, and health & crop sciences - and supplies a broad range of products for global markets. Sumitomo Chemical was thus founded as a company that sought to solve environmental problems while at the same time aiming to contribute to the development of agriculture. Sumitomo Chemical Company conducts research & development to invent new chemistry in agricultural chemicals and new applications of existing chemicals and functional fertilizers in order to provide productive and environmentally friendly crop protection agents and labor-reducing farm technologies.