The Wenger Group is looking for an Maintenance Manager, who is an integral part of our feed manufacturing team.
The Mill Maintenance Manager will work under the direction of the Feed Manufacturing Services Director in the area of Mill Maintenance and oversee and direct the day-to-day maintenance activities across the company. In this role, you will ensure the asset reliability for availability and proper use and sequence of materials, tools, machinery, equipment, and facilities to successfully support all manufacturing operations.
What your day looks like:
• Ensure that the planned maintenance activities (including preventive, predictive and reactive) are prioritized and carried out by the mill maintenance technicians
• Work with Maintenance and Mill team members to align planned maintenance tasks with production and equipment availability while also coordinating and managing changes
• Ensure all preventive maintenance activities are accurate and scheduled at their predetermined frequencies to reliability and manage costs
• Apply software tool to manage critical spare parts and scheduled work orders
• Gather all predictive data and analyze for issues needing further attention
• Participate in continuous improvement efforts
• Develop and manage Asset Renewal Capital Projects
Review and analyze performance metrics and process data to support recommended improvements
Who you are:
• Proficient internal and external communication
• Ability to troubleshoot technical solutions and apply solutions through problem solving
• Experience in using Preventive/Predictive Maintenance software to manage PM programs
• Proficient understanding of computer programming and systems design
• General mechanical background needed
• Ability to climb ladders and work in high places
• Ability to work in confined spaces
• Ability to perform heavy lifting (maximum 80 pounds) and other manual labor on occasion
• Ability to work in dusty conditions
• Ability to prioritize tasks and assure efficient & effective team results
• Other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for ensuring all maintenance team members are properly trained in manufacturing, food safety, quality, safety and environmental policies
• Support Regional Mill Maintenance Supervisors to ensure appropriate and effective level of staffing requirements to fulfill production expectations within budget
• Conduct annual and mid-year performance reviews and other annual processes outlined by the company
• Build relationships with internal and external customers
Responsible for quality of service provided by maintenance team
• Bachelor's or Associates degree in a technical field preferred or equivalent technical training and extensive experience in facilities and manufacturing
• Preferred – Lean Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and Certification in Asset Reliability
• Experience in a manufacturing or mill environment with mechanical, electrical, and facilities systems and equipment.
• Proficient Skills in Electrical, Controls, Plumbing and appropriate knowledge in fabrication, steam and boilers.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
• Self-motivated, positive attitude
Demonstrates Wenger's Core Values, Integrity, Respect, Quality, Safety & Stewardship
Who are we:
We're a growing company in an essential sector – agriculture!
We provide our customers with poultry, swine, and dairy feeds, performance ingredient solutions, conventional and specialty eggs, grain, fertilizer, and allied services in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
We've grown steadily since 1944 from a single location to ten feed milling locations in two states.
Over 450 team members now call The Wenger Group home.
We provide ample room for career growth and advancement.
Additional information can be found at our web site: https://www.thewengergroup.com
• Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days of employment
• 401(k) plan with an employer match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Basic Life/AD&D
• Voluntary Life
• Flexible Spending
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Easter Hams
• Thanksgiving Turkeys
• Tuition Reimbursement
• CDL Tuition Reimbursement
• Wenger Scholarship Program
• Uniform and/or Corporate Wear
• Tool and Boot Allowances
• Recognition Awards
• Employee Perks Program
• Training & Development Opportunities
• Celebratory giveaways throughout the year
• Sign on Bonus (eligible positions)
• Employee Referral Bonus (after 90 days of successful employment)
• Each team member has the potential to earn a yearly bonus based on the achievement of company goals.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. As a progressive company with strong core values, we offer a professional working environment and a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Wenger Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. The Wenger Group makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
The Wenger Group is a drug-free workplace. All positions require candidates to pass a pre-employment drug test.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
Register for your free AgCareers.com account to receive exclusive information and features.
Follow Company Alert×
Follow Company Alert Saved
Follow Company Alert