The Wenger Group is looking for a Human Resources Generalist, who is an integral part of our Operations team.
Who are we:
- We're a growing company in an essential sector – agriculture!
- We provide our customers with poultry, swine, and dairy feeds, performance ingredient solutions, conventional and specialty eggs, grain, fertilizer, and allied services in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- We've grown steadily since 1944 from a single location to ten feed milling locations in two states.
- Over 450 team members now call The Wenger Group home.
- We provide ample room for career growth and advancement.
- Additional information can be found at our web site: https://www.thewengergroup.com
What will you do:
This role is a full-time Human Resources Generalist for its Wenger Feeds Animal Nutrition Business Unit. This individual will support the HR Manager and execute daily responsibilities for all human resources initiatives such as recruiting, employee relations, training, performance management, compliance, and administration. This individual will support company leadership in championing employee engagement and advancing the business unit culture.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with management during the talent acquisition process
- Researches and engages the local community to enhance company presence and recruiting efforts
- Supports talent development, performance management and succession planning efforts to meet organizational needs
- Manages day-to-day employee relations and partners with appropriate resources to ensure timely delivery of solutions
- Facilitate training and learning with team members as necessary
- Builds, establishes, and maintains strong relationships with internal and external customers to foster a positive work environment
- Gains an understanding and knowledge of the organization and Wenger Feeds Animal Nutrition Business Unit
- Supports human resource compliance efforts by ensuring consistent adherence to guidelines, policies and procedures
T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More)
- Work as a team player as part of the HR team and Wenger Feeds Animal Nutrition Business Unit – consistently demonstrating company core values of Integrity, Respect, Quality, Safety, and Stewardship
- Supports employee engagement planning process and administration
- Promotes positive employee relations through proactive employee communication, prompt issue resolution and fair and equitable policy administration
- Supports change management initiatives
- Responsible for assisting in developing and implementing administrative procedures and executing improvements through human resources and other areas
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resources processes and procedures including but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave of absence, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, engagement, training, and development.
- Leverages and educates team members on available technology, shared services, HR services and procedures to meet customer needs
- Ensures adherence to Wenger policies, methods, and disciplines
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
- Willing and able to travel to company location sites
- Flexibility to be present and available for off-shift hours when necessary
- Ability to work from a feed mill and/or in dusty conditions occasionally
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs at times
Who are you:
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years of human resources experience
- SHRM or HRCI certification a plus
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office Suite required
- Previous experience working in an HRIS system preferred
- Essential excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Demonstrated community involvement desired
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage time well and meet deadlines as required
- Proven ability to take ownership of work with a sense of urgency, enthusiasm, commitment, and persistence in the face of obstacles or adversity
- Basic understanding of state and federal laws
- Eager and willing to learn!
Benefits you will have:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/AD&D
- Voluntary Life
- Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Easter Hams
- Thanksgiving Turkeys
- Tuition Reimbursement
- CDL Tuition Reimbursement
- Wenger Scholarship Program
- Uniform and/or Corporate Wear
- Tool and Boot Allowances
- Recognition Awards
- Employee Perks Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Celebratory giveaways throughout the year
- Sign on Bonus (eligible positions)
- Employee Referral Bonus (after 90 days of successful employment)
- Each team member has the potential to earn a yearly bonus based on the achievement of company goals.
Follow Company Alert×
Follow Company Alert Saved
Follow Company Alert