Scoular is an employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America, Asia, and other locations world-wide. For over 129 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular's experts to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
?Located only 3 miles east of Regina, our Scoular Richardson facility boasts a recent multimillion-dollar investment in a new flax cleaning facility. This position will be responsible for providing leadership and planning as Scoular looks to grow its presence in flax markets around the world.
The Plant Supervisor is responsible for managing and operating a facility or assisting a Plant Manager in managing and operating a facility. This position will/assist oversee and be responsible for execution of all processes, including but not limited to, daily operations, logistics, directing operational activities, training, and development of team members, blending and mixing, ensure understanding and compliance of safety processes/procedures, customer relations, and enhance Scoular's ability to operate and grow our business.
Lead Operational Excellence:
- Partner with the Plant Manager, Merchandisers, Originators to coordinate all transportation and maintenance needs for the facility to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Position will require strong execution focus with increased awareness and understanding of commodity and operational complexity (shuttle loaders, mix and blend, etc.)
- Responsible for product quality, quantity and inventories. Responsible for inbound and outbound product flow. Ensure equipment is functional, safe and in good repair.
- Accountable for providing impeccable service to our customers.
- Direct vendors and customers in the daily processes of the property.
- Identify and contribute to revenue-generating ideas and activities to grow the bottom line.
- Collaborate with procurement and logistics teams to ensure a smooth flow of product in and out of the facility. Ensure plant cleaning schedules are managed and monitored to ensure peak efficiency.
- Drive Employee Safety agenda and improvement.
- Operate the facility(s) in an efficient and safe manner. Partner with Safety team to ensure the safety of location's workforce by complying with all Federal, State and Local regulations. Provide leadership in monthly safety meetings, training and perform location inspections.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental requirements.
- Supervision of team to include training, coaching performance management, and maximizing the success of the team.
- Responsible for talent management and development.
- Drive empowered decision making with clear accountability.
- Engage and inspire teams through inclusive leadership, making Scoular a great place to work.
The Scoular Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Knowledge of agriculture industry
- Experience in personnel leadership and management
- Knowledge of elevator operations
- Knowledge of blend and mix processes
- Results driven
- Ability to independently solve problems
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Have peripheral vision and corrected vision to 20/20 in both eyes
- Good hearing to hear bells, alarms, and telephonic equipment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic understanding of merchandising, safety, and operational processes
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Previous experience with recruitment, additional supervisory experience
- Food grade grain or seed experience
- Grain grading experience