Scoular is an employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America, Asia, and other locations world-wide. For over 129 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular's experts to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
The Originator I role is an entry level buyer position that is responsible for purchasing commodities from producer customers and maintaining and enhancing grower relationships. This role works with a provided grower list to maintain business and relationships. Originators contribute to the daily operations and provide administrative support for the department to maximize efficiencies that will directly contribute to the profitability of Scoular by working collaboratively with the purchasing team. This role will partner closely with the logistics team, accounting team, merchandisers and facility/plant staff.
- Develop skills to make buying decisions. ?
- Learn and understand Scoular's risk management tools.
- Learn and understand local producer trends and assist in communicating this information as required.
- Execution of purchase contracts with accurate documentation and ensure contract compliance.
- Planning calls based on the purchase requirement priorities, as well as queries from the system on producers, commodities and target prices.
- Participate in industry relevant trades shows by arranging a booth when applicable, working the Trade Shows and Grower Meetings as well as other industry functions.
- Proficient in Scoular systems, tools, reports (CTRM, etc.).
- Awareness and understanding of marketing alternatives and digital tools used to make purchasing decisions, as well as enhance and manage producer relationships.
- Ensure customers stay within Scoular Trade Finance's counter party limits.
Customer Relationship Building:
- Maintain strong working relationships with farm producers by providing credible and trustworthy marketing services that contributes to the company's excellent customer service image in the farming community
- Assist team in building new relationships with new producers.
- Call producers who have not sold products to Scoular with the objective of learning about their operation and what it would take to have them deliver their product to a Scoular facility/plant or sell FOB the farm.
- Each year, crop tours should be made through the assigned management areas. Appointments are set up with producers and crops are looked at with them.
- Interact with customers, express ideas, and share opinions with Scoular team on customer trends and opinions from marketing ideas to planting and crop conditions.
- Provide customers with accurate market information and answers to questions about their business transactions.
- Contract management including reconciling balances with customers.
The Scoular Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- College degree in business related field or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills and relationship building capability.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly skilled in problem solving techniques.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Knowledge of the agricultural industry's origination standards and procedures.
- ?Demonstrated aptitude in accounting and financial practices and procedures.