An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North and South America, and Asia. For over 126 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
The Merchandiser Assistant I (MA I) has primary responsibility to perform administrative accounting functions and insure adherence to proper control procedures of the business unit . The MA I must enter all pertinent information in their business unit's expert system on a daily basis. The Merchandiser Assistant I contributes to positive customer and vendor relations. The MA I is required to report all perceived control policy or procedure concerns to the Controller.
- Responsible for accurate and timely information entry and reporting functions. Input new contracts, sales information and delivery transactions into the business unit 's expert system. This includes the entire supply chain process from pre-advise to final settlement stages. Maintain an organized filing system which includes invoices, contracts, reports and payment receipts. Insure compliance of accounts payable and accounts receivable activities. Act as a primary contact for the assistant controller for business unit accounting functions.
- Responsible for the accurate reporting and reconciliation of inventory. Work with operations, accounting/control, and contract labor to gather necessary load transaction information.
- Provide customer support and coordinate logistics and billing. Answer merchandiser lines during their absence; provide accurate and timely logistic support (e.g. freight support including barge, vessels, railroad and trucks).
- Communicate business position and miscellaneous adjustments to the merchandiser. Collaborates with the merchant at month end in submitting the final profit and loss statement.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to handle confidential materials
- Basic understanding of general accounting principles
- Strong math skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to accurately and completely conduct repetitive tasks
- Knowledge of commodities business
- Two years of office experience
The Scoular Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See job description