|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
Scoular is an employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America, Asia, and other locations world-wide. For over 129 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular's experts to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
The International Documentation Specialist is responsible for collecting and assembling all documents necessary so Scoular's customers can successfully import cargo in a timely fashion allowing Scoular to get paid in full per contract terms. This role collects and compiles relevant documentation for export or import shipments in accordance with the underlying contract terms and governing regulation (domestic and international). This position interacts with domestic service providers, our global customer base and banking channels, and is instrumental in ensuring successful cargo clearance and payment collection. As this position works with global customer base located in different time zones, this role needs to communicate clear documentation instructions to suppliers and customers in a timely manner.
• Review and verify sales contracts, shipping instructions and Letters of Credit. Clarify and adjust when required.
• Apply , review and collect various 3rd party documentation - such as Phytosanitary Certificate, Quality Certificates, Ocean Bills of Lading.
• Ensure acquired documentation is complete and accurate, presented to customers and/or banks prior specified due dates.
• Responsible for collecting, producing, and assembling on all assigned contracts the shipping documents necessary for presentation for payment.
• Communicate and follow up with all parties involved to make sure all required docs are received correctly and in a timely manner.
• In order to make shipments successful, the International Documentation Specialist must work closely with the Scoular merchants, logistics department, trade finance, banks, suppliers, customers, and ocean freight providers from around the globe.
• Respond to customer inquiries and communicate with customers and internal stakeholders to provide updates regarding assigned shipments
• Maintain transparency of progress of the process above for manager or any party of the transaction. Make sure all the documents are acquired prior to due dates specified by management.
The Scoular Company is an Equal Opportunity EmployerRequirements
• Ability to perform in fast-paced environment with attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and proactively to identify, research, and solve problems
• Ability to organize and prioritize detailed multiple tasks
• Ability to communicate concisely instructions to sellers & customers in foreign countries
• Ability to think quickly and creatively in order to resolve customer & seller documentation issues
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel
• High organizational capabilities along with ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow and complete tasks with a high level of accuracy, responsibility, and efficiency
• Ability to effectively manage time and be self-motivated