Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
About This Role:
As a technical expert, with line management responsibilities in Syngenta’s Product Metabolism and Analytical Sciences Team, part of the Product Safety Group, you will deliver studies and/or metabolism projects and have supervisory responsibility for one or more technical experts also responsible for contributing to the design and execution of metabolism studies within Product Safety to support the maintenance and development of crop protection products including chemical, seed trait and/or seed care products.
Manage and supervise activities of direct reports related to the conduct, analysis, evaluation and reporting of metabolism studies to ensure delivery of the work plan to agreed standards and timelines Provide direction for development of work plans and assignments Facilitate training and development opportunities for team members to ensure technical capabilities for successful delivery of work and career development Ensure conformance to technical, quality, safety, and local and global regulatory requirements Ensure appropriate performance objectives are set; monitor and assess work quality, productivity and results of team members; coach team members on performance and complete employee performance evaluations
Build relationships with key stakeholders Make recommendations for process improvements to eliminate inefficiencies and improve effectiveness of the team Serve as a Study Monitor for metabolism studies or programs Serve as a representative on cross functional regional or global project teams Maintain an awareness of regulatory changes and trends within the industry that could impact work on your team Maintain an awareness of science or technical changes or advancements that could impact work on your team
- This position requires strong knowledge of regulatory science, safety/risk assessment and a techno-regulatory business environment
- Expertise in a science field relevant to safety/risk assessment is required
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in biological, chemical or life sciences or a combination of education and experience in a field relevant to the assessment of product safety to support the maintenance and development of crop protection products including chemical, seed trait and/or seed care products is typically required
- The position typically requires an individual with at least 8 years of professional experience in a field relevant to safety/risk assessment
- A proven track record of leading projects and/or teams of people to achieve goals is required
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Travel Requirements: some domestic and international travel required ≤ 10%
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package Medical, Dental & Vision that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act FMLA
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's EEOC
Employee Polygraph Protection Act EPPA