Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Working within our Product Metabolism & Analytics Science team the successful candidate will serve as a key scientific contributor providing expertise to project teams and other areas as required. We are looking for individuals with a background in metabolism, whether it is plant, environmental or mammalian. This is an opportunity to develop your career in Product Metabolism & Analytics and join a high performing team.
- Serve as a key scientific contributor within the ADME, Dietary and/or Environmental functions of Product Metabolism and Analytical Science PMAS providing expertise to project teams and other functional areas as required.
- Lead and coordinate the delivery of business critical data generated at contract research organizations, being responsible for protocol design, evaluating data and reviewing/authorizing company reports.
- Represent the department at various working group meetings to address metabolism-related issues, and provide guidance for decision making purposes about compound progression.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage studies placed with external co-operators to ensure delivery of data of the appropriate quality to time and cost Co-ordinate the delivery of studies conducted internally or externally to ensure project needs are met Independently provide technical assistance and innovative solutions to external co-operators, where appropriate to resolve technical issues or to facilitate transfer of technical know-how Communicate the meaning of data and its implication to projects Through participation in project teams, contribute to key decisions in study design and objectives
- Work with colleagues in other functions to support the use of data sets generated by PMAS to optimize study design and overall understanding of the compounds behavior
Education & Experience:
Minimum of a BS degree or equivalent in biological or chemical sciences Background knowledge of metabolism either environmental, plant or mammalian studies and objectives or significant experience in natural product isolation and identification and/or xenobiotics The role has scope for individual flexibility in delivering combinations of these responsibilities Opportunity to develop broader expertise in other areas of xenobiotic metabolism
- Two years current position preferred. Candidates who have been in their current position a minimum of one year will be considered if they have the approval of their current business unit leader and hiring business unit leader
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package Medical, Dental & Vision that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act FMLA
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's EEOC
Employee Polygraph Protection Act EPPA