Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Soy Trait Introgression Team is currently seeking a Research Associate 2, located in Clinton, Illinois.
The purpose of this Research Associate position is to assist the facility manager in successfully delivering soybean trait development/conversion projects in a high throughput growth room facility. This role is responsible for implementing all growth room/greenhouse tissue sampling activities to support GM soybean conversion projects
• Accurate and efficient coordination of inventory activities to include cold store management, trial preparation, threshing operations, and data reporting.
- Manage inbound and outbound shipments to the facility.
.• Provide technical assistance such as printing pots stakes/pollination tags, running trial reports, and all related SPIRIT/MINT activities to support key growth room functions.
• Assist with all other critical growth room processes; including, but not limited to, planting, pollinating, harvesting, material inventory, and facility tasks.
• Provide task specific training to Greenhouse Associates and contract staff.
• Provide daily direction to contract staff.
• Perform all assigned responsibilities and behave in a manner compliant with, and in support of, all company safety policies and practices, including required company training and safety meetings.
• Ensure all tasks are completed efficiently, accurately, and in full compliance with USDA/EPA regulations and Syngenta’s Stewardship guidelines.
• Effective daily communication with supervisors and peers regarding the status of projects and tasks.
What We Offer:
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act FMLA
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's EEOC
Employee Polygraph Protection Act EPPA
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|