About this Job:
We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every team member has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Operations team is currently seeking a Production Engineer Co-op in Omaha, NE.
As a co-op at Syngenta, you have the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry, and work on real projects finding real solutions. Work with us and you'll get:
- Competitive wages
- Ongoing career development resources
- The opportunity to work on meaningful, innovative projects that solve problems
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and offers flexible work options to meet both your work and personal needs
Estimated Duration: May 2024 - December 2024
- Perform various tasks that support the operations group such as: production process development, process improvement, process/procedure audits, process change management, product quality management, process safety management, project development, project management, formulation/process troubleshooting and personnel development/training
- 75% of work will be performed in an office setting: Sending emails, working in excel files, contacting vendors, drafting reports for small capital projects, etc.
- 25% of work will be performed in an operations setting: walking/tracing a pipeline, collecting data from the shop floor, participating in plant shift changeover meetings, collaborating with plant operators and engineers, etc.
What you must have:
- Enrollment in a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Bioengineering, or Industrial Engineering
- Fluent in English
What you might also contribute to the team:
- Prefer a student with Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing
- The ability to communicate information well (both written and spoken) is highly desired in this position
- The ability to collaborate with individuals who come from diverse backgrounds
- An independent individual who is self-motivated and needs little supervision
- Detail/Accuracy Oriented-All procedures and policies must be understood and followed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Heat and Mass Transfer
- Knowledge of Mass and Energy Balances
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all - while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.