About Syngenta Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
About Us We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Research and Development team is currently seeking Product Development Intern in Calgary and Red Deer, Alberta. As a Product Development Intern, you will work alongside our research team to conduct a small-plot research program within our crop protection portfolio.
- Execution of small-plot research program
- Preparation of research materials, plot layout and application of compounds
- Record keeping and data collection to evaluate progress throughout the season
- Analysis and interpretation of data and results
- Gain valuable experience in agricultural practices, crop production, machinery operation, identification of weeds, insect and crop diseases, and trial methodology
Duration: April 2022 – August 2022
- A positive attitude and excitement for learning
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Science, Business or related field
- ‘G’ class license
- Comfortable wearing a respirator and working mainly outdoors
- Ability to repetitively lift a max of 20lbs at one time and work in sustained awkward postures
- Proof of full COVID Vaccination required
You might also have:
- Previous relevant summer experience is considered an asset; however all experience levels and academic disciplines are welcome to apply
Syngenta Intern Scholarship Program:
- All students hired into a Syngenta Internship role will have the opportunity to apply for 1 of 9 exclusive scholarships valued at $2000 each.
- This program is designed to recognize and reward a commitment to academic excellence, and foster continued growth and development of our team
________________________________________ Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates and is able to accommodate persons with disabilities. For more information about accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process or if you would like more information on our accommodation policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org