About this Job:
We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in bringing plant potential to life by delivering the finest quality products for our customers. To support that challenge, the Syngenta Flowers team is currently seeking a Horticulture Intern to join our team in Alva, FL. You will lead Growing activities such as soil analysis, fertigation, plant growth regulation, pest management, and field trials. You will apply your academic background in an industry setting and gain experience managing all stages of URC production from propagation to harvest.
As an intern at Syngenta, you have the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry, and work on real projects finding real solutions. Work with us and you'll get:
- Competitive wages
- Ongoing career development resources
- The opportunity to work on meaningful, innovative projects that solve problems
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and offers flexible work options to meet both your work and personal needs
Estimated Duration: Jan 2023-August/September 2023
Monitor crop health and diagnose pest issues, nutrient deficiencies, and other plant stress symptoms.
- Learn and implement plant growth regulator processes, insect and disease control tools and weed management strategies.
- Generate ideas and conduct field trials to improve on current practices.
- Monitor the irrigation and fertilization needs of chrysanthemum, hydrangea, asters, and other floriculture crops.
- Monitor soil and fertilizer E.C. conditions and adjust based on established criteria and computer control systems.
- Execute the pinch schedules to align with production and harvest activities.
- Have an opportunity to work cross-functionally with all Department leaders, enhancing your professional development and network.
- Follow all Company safety procedures and recommendations and promote environmentally sustainable solutions.
What you must have:
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Enrollment in a Bachelor's Degree in Agronomy, Biology, Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Crop Protection, or another closely related field of study with a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- A valid Driver's License
What you might also contribute to the team:
- Communication-The ability to communicate information well (both written and spoken) is highly desired
- Detail Oriented-All procedures and policies must be understood and followed
- Strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking
- Autonomous-An independent individual who is self-motivating and needs little supervision
- Previous internship and/or co-op experience related to Agriculture is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with working on a farm is preferred but not required
- Confidence- Not afraid to ask bold questions and be curious
- Eagerness to learn and grow in the role
- Ability to work outdoors in a hot and humid environment
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta Seeds is one of the world's largest developers and producers of seed for farmers, commercial growers, retailers and small seed companies. Syngenta seeds improve the quality and yields of crops. High-quality seeds ensure better and more productive crops, which is why farmers invest in them. Advanced seeds help mitigate risks such as disease and drought and allow farmers to grow food using less land, less water and fewer inputs. Syngenta Seeds brings farmers more vigorous, stronger, resistant plants, including innovative hybrid varieties and biotech crops that can thrive even in challenging growing conditions. Syngenta Seeds is headquartered in the United States.
Follow Company Alert×
Follow Company Alert Saved
Follow Company Alert