Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. We are currently seeking a Golden Harvest Seed Sales Representative in Wisconsin. As a Seed Sales Representative, you will lead dedicated Seed Advisors in the Iowa territory and provide intense local knowledge and agronomic expertise to address complex agricultural challenges.
You will enhance the prosperity of farmers by:
Providing access to the industry’s broadest and most diverse portfolio of hybrids Customizing whole acre recommendations Recruiting, developing, and managing your team of professional resellers Being a strong contributing team member within the broader Seed Sales team Developing a profound understanding of customer needs Consultative selling, recognized expertise, and trust with your customers
- Deliver plans and offers to targeted customers through selected channel partners
- Create demand at the customer level, ensuring that the customer is knowledgeable about our products and has further interest in Syngenta solutions
- Act as a steward of the Syngenta portfolio by making recommendations and by managing concerns in the field as needed, in partnership with Agronomy
- Coach Seed Advisors on product placement to achieve improved customer satisfaction
- Achieve sales, profit, and market share targets within territory and district
- Regularly collect and report market intelligence and relevant value chain insights
- Manage operational budget, variable selling expenses, and marketing funds within district guidelines.
- Develop your assigned territory through the addition of new Seed Advisors
- Accurate forecasting for customers within territory
- Develop territory-level business plan and Seed Advisor business plans that identify specific opportunities, must-wins, and tactics to grow territory sales
Preferred cities: Madison and La Crosse, Wisconsin
- A Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or a degree in a non-Agriculture discipline with a significant farming industry background or commensurate experience
- 2+ years in sales or sales leadership with the ability to work independently on a virtual team, agricultural sales experience preferred
- A strong sense of customer focus and demonstrated sales and negotiation skills
- Candidate must live in the territory
- This role does not offer visa sponsorship
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package Medical, Dental & Vision that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity, and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act FMLA
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's EEOC
Employee Polygraph Protection Act EPPA