In this role, you will lead a Formulation Engineering team to deliver and underpin a broad portfolio of new formulation development projects, capital projects, manufacturing support projects, and supply chain support. You will also provide formulation engineering expertise in existing and novel manufacturing technologies to maximize quality, capacity, and efficiency outcomes during the scale-up of newly formulated products to commercial manufacture and to drive continuous improvement in processing operations.
- Manage the Formulation Engineering Pilot Plant operations, performing formulation scale-up for development and processing studies.
- Deliver the agreed formulation development program in full compliance with all applicable HSE and quality standards.
- Lead activities performed with the technician team in the NA Formulation Engineering Pilot Plant.
- Define and implement process, equipment, and infrastructure change projects with the NA Formulation Engineering Pilot Plant.
- Lead the program for evaluating and introducing new formulation technology into the NA Formulation Engineering project portfolio.
- Develop the capability, technology, and people, in NA Formulation Engineering to meet Syngenta's current and future needs.
- Set high safety standards for the operations performed by the Formulation Engineering team.
- Ensure thorough Risk Assessments are completed for formulation development and process studies activities in the NA Formulation Engineering team.
- Ensure a collaborative working approach between laboratory and manufacturing sites.
- Provide formulation engineering expertise to new Crop Protection product development teams and apply best practices in scale-up and process development to ensure quality and capacity targets are met the first time.
- Apply the principles of Lean Manufacturing, Operational Excellence, and Continuous Improvement to drive standardization in manufacturing technologies, methodologies, and protocols across the team.
- B.S. degree in chemical engineering or related science engineering field with demonstrated experience in formulation manufacturing processes and experience gained through developing crop protection products or similar industries.
- 5+ years of proven experience in a leadership and technical position in formulation processing development or formulation manufacturing.
- Experience working in cross-functional organizations, leading in a dynamic and uncertain environment, ensuring effective and focused project delivery (on time and within budget).
- Proven ability to prioritize activities and manage multiple requests from different stakeholders.
- Comprehensive understanding of the end-to-end processes for product development, complex formulation processing scale-up and lifecycle management.
What We Offer:
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. Offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta has been ranked as a?top employer?by Science Journal.
Learn more about our?team?and our?mission here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVCN_51GbNI
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture, rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity's most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate, and the communities we serve. No matter your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and caring for our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Through leading innovations, we help farmers worldwide meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and caring for our planet. We are currently seeking a Formulation Engineer Pilot Plant Team Lead in Greensboro, NC.