Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
The purpose is to design and develop new agrochemical formulations as well as supporting scale-up, production, and field performance of existing products for Crop Protection. The majority of the work is lab-based and hands-on. Specific projects span a range of active ingredients and crops,but will primarily be focused on the development of formulations used for seed coating applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sufficient laboratory experience to efficiently develop test methods and evaluate equipment/instruments
- Demonstrated record of progress through formulating and testing hypotheses.
- Manufacturing experience to recognize potential practical obstacles to commercialization of laboratory methods is a plus
- Independently plan, organize, and conduct laboratory studies to develop, evaluate, and optimize relevant technologies in accordance with departmental priorities
- Deliver critical information to local and global project teams
- Self-monitor for progress, recognize and anticipate areas with technical obstacles, and devise strategies to overcome
- Access external expertise and science where needed
- Recognize areas of potential proprietary advantage and capture opportunities accordingly
- Transfer of expertise and new technologies to other scientists, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to and exploit informal networks
- Concise, clear, and timely written and oral communications to support technology transfer
- Networking with the local formulation technical community to recognize difficulties and opportunities
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Adaptable to departmental and organizational ways of working
Education & Experience:
- Minimum M.S. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field with 0-2+ yrs industry experience or Ph.D. with 0+ yrs experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Polymer science, colloid science, coatings, materials science, biology, crystallization, surfactant chemistry, rheology, microscopy, statistics & experimental design.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Travel requirements – minimal, ~ 5%
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package Medical, Dental & Vision that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act FMLA
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's EEOC
Employee Polygraph Protection Act EPPA