Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities. Multiple positions and locations available.
As a Seeds Developmental Sales Representative DSR at Syngenta, you will be a valued member of a high performing Sales Team and participate in a curriculum-based, integral learning opportunity preparing you to be a successful territory sales leader in the agriculture industry. You’ll receive competitive wages and ongoing career development resources.
- Achieve sales targets within a given territory
- Manage and support customer base
- Training is provided in house and guidance is provided by management and marketing
- Entry Level sales professional with limited product and market knowledge
- Develop effective product and technical expertise through an accelerated talent development program.
- Implement sales strategy to achieve sales objectives in assigned territory
- Provide market intelligence and territory opportunity information, maintains CRM data as part of the process
- Advise channel partners on presentation of products and promotional materials
- Manage simple customer relationships regardless of direct or indirect channel
- Identify and analyze customer needs to the sales management and marketing organization
- Develop proficiency in proper product use recommendations and expectations: to include product features and benefits, product placement, scouting, customer meetings, sale confirmation, and basic territory management.
- Receive direction and assistance from Manager or more experienced Sales Rep in non-routine matters
- Develop accurate volume of product to be sold as required by Sales Manager
- Manage travel expense budget
- Requires developed specialized skills, or a breadth of skills, through job-related training, considerable on-the-job experience, and course work
- Experience with former agricultural internships preferred
- BA/BS degree August 2021 – May 2022, preferably in Ag Science
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- First-hand knowledge of farming is a definite asset
- Knowledge of agronomics, general cropping practices, agricultural technology and trends and requirements for pest control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, be self-directed and to work as part of a team
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
Family and Medical Leave Act FMLA Poster - Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's EEOC poster - Employee Polygraph Protection Act EPPA Poster - .
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.