Please note: The territory for this position is Ohio. Optimal support location for this role is in the Columbus area.
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds and crop protection innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. To support this challenge, we are currently seeking an Agronomic Service Representative for Syngenta's Ohio territory. In this role, you will provide agronomic support expertise within the district team. You will partner with sales teams to position solutions on the farm or with our channel partners by assisting with the development and delivery of Syngenta products and our agronomic story in the marketplace.
- Accountable for sales performance by providing technical support to growers, channel partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Develop relationship with all key personnel in local area (AgriEdge Specialists, Sales Reps, DM, channel partners, external influencers).
- Provides guidance, training, and direct involvement as needed in handling service calls.
- Learn and understand all key Syngenta products and solutions for local assigned area and train sales teams, channel partners, and growers on those products and solutions.
- Partner with sales teams to position Syngenta on the farm, 'to, through and with' in the case of retail customer.
- Coordinate trialing efforts within the local area through the Sales Reps, Universities, and channel partners.
- Partner with Sales Reps to plan strategies to effectively compete with competitor products utilizing working knowledge of those products.
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy or related field. Master's degree in Agronomy is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of previous experience as well as strong technical background.
- All applicants must be able to work in the US without sponsorship from Syngenta
- Up to 20% travel required within Territory.
- Significant technical knowledge of product portfolio, product pipeline and product value propositions.
- Agronomic theory - knowledge of farming best practices, seed technologies, crop protection.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teaching and communication skills: ability to communicate highly technical information to growers, sales reps and accounts in a manner that is easily understandable.
- Problem solving skills (e.g. ability to diagnose issues with product performance and provide recommendations).
- Ability to create professional and successful working environment with Sales Reps, District Managers and other key Syngenta personnel.
- Demonstrate leadership amongst sales team and technical peers.
What We Offer:
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. Offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta has been ranked as a?top employer?by Science Journal.
Learn more about our?team?and our?mission here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVCN_51GbNI
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all - while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs.
Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.