STINE REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Stine Seed Company, a privately-held, national seed company, currently has an opening for a Regional Sales Manager in the Central Illinois area. This represents an excellent opportunity to grow both professionally and financially with one of the industry's most respected corn and soybean seed companies.
What We Offer:
- Established sales network with dedicated dealers
- A 30-plus year reputation for quality seed products
- Competitive pay, coupled with significant performance-based bonus opportunities
- Employee benefits including company vehicle, 401K, and health insurance
The Regional Sales Manager/Agronomist will serve as the primary coordinator for sales, agronomy information, and support for the Independent Sales Representatives (ISR) he/she serves. RSA's primary responsibilities fall into two main categories as follows:
1. Sales Support
- Learn and understand day-to-day needs and issues of assigned ISRs through regular communication and by spending a minimum of 3 days a month in the territory with the ISR.
- Assist ISRs in the development and management of key prospect lists and monitor their progress toward stated goals.
- Assist ISRs with new dealer and direct grower recruitment.
- Assist in the development of relationships with key growers and dealers.
- Evaluate ISRs on sales performance and provide recommendations regarding any changes that should be made to improve productivity of the sales region.
- Evaluate candidates for potential or existing ISR openings and work to fill those vacancies as needed.
- Represent Stine at career fairs and other recruiting functions.
- Responsible for evaluating territory and making changes as needed.
- Conduct business plan meetings four times a year with the ISR.
- Conduct quarterly territory check meetings as directed by the Sales Director.
- Manage and allocate regional marketing budgets and plot seed allocations for assigned ISRs.
- Manage and allocate regional Flex dollars for assigned ISRs.
- Assist ISRs with the organization and planning of grower/dealer meetings.
- Organize and lead regional meetings.
- Assist ISRs with territory advertising campaigns and other sales promotions.
- Assist in the continuation of positive and timely communication between sales force, sales team leaders and other support personnel.
- Assist ISRs with corn and soybean shipping as needed.
- Provide marketing and sales input for future company programs and strategies.
- Attend and participate in sales/agronomy team member meetings.
2. Agronomy Support
- Help ISRs, dealers and customers determine the strengths and proper placement of Stine seed products within the assigned territory.
- Have a strong knowledge of both Stine corn and soybean products for that area. (You are to be the expert)
- Assist ISRs with product performance inquires and the evaluation of any agronomic issues involving Stine seed products.
- Assist with the development and design of Yield in the Field (YIF) Plots.
- Assist with the planting and harvesting of YIF Plots.
- Help with the organization and distribution of YIF plot seed.
- Candidates should have a previous sales management experience.
- Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. In addition, basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Candidates should have demonstrated initiative and the ability to work with multiple team members to meet established goals.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have proven ability to build/maintain strong relationships and achieve desired results.