Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Our company was founded over 80 years ago and has 19 global manufacturing locations with a network of over 2000 employees worldwide.
The Global Regulatory Team Lead role is a key role focused on helping to business growth and innovation through regulatory review, strategic development and registration.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Work with R&D and Business to support global Ag Chem growth and innovation via regulatory review, strategy development and registration/notification implementation.
- Track and communicate global and country-level chemical product notification/registration requirements for U.S. EPA TSCA, Ag Inerts (FIFRA, PMRA), FDA Indirect Food Contact Clearances, Canada NSL, EU REACH as well as Latin America and Asia inventories.
- Prepare application packages for global chemical product notification/registrations.
- Help develop and maintain product registration and regulatory databases.
- Collaborate regularly with Business, R&D leaders, Marketing/Sales and Supply Chain as well as customers during the product development/registration process.
- Participate in key trade association: CPDA, ACC, etc.
- B.S./M.S. in Chemistry or other related science
- 4-5 years of experience in U.S. and global regulations & standards
- Knowledgeable in surfactant, specialty product, quaternary and polyol chemistries and in government submission preparation
- Ability to interact effectively with business leaders and government agencies
- Familiarity with U.S. EPA Sustainable Futures modeling tools
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong competency in project management, negotiation and problem solving
- Ideal candidate would have a farming and/or Agrochemical background
- ~5% travel, primarily in North America with occasional international travel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and US EPA CDX applications and willingness to learn specific database and web tools.
- Outstanding Multi-tasker with strong ownership and the ability to balance multiple projects
- Ideal candidate
- Excellent attention to detail and good organization skills required
- Unquestionable integrity
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.