|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
The successful Grower Manager is responsible to Grow horticultural-specialty crops, such as ornamental plants, vegetables and energy crops, under environmentally controlled conditions and in outside growing areas, applying knowledge of plant culture, environmental control and labor management to meet the consistent quality standards of each customer. Key Responsibilities include ensuring all work is performed in accordance with safety policies and regulations to promote a safe working environment.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for day to day production of top quality plants within specifications that exceed customer expectations. This includes pesticide application and schedules, irrigation, lighting, fertilization, nutrition, monitoring and overall health of plants.
• Regulate environmental conditions to ensure optimum growth when crop is grown inside greenhouse.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of top quality plants.
• Work closely with all departments to ensure crop quality and timely shipping.
• Be available to inform customers of crop progress.
• Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
• Explain and demonstrate growing techniques and cultivation to coworkers and subordinates.
• Hire workers, assign duties, and monitor activities to assure adherence to established procedures.
• Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies.
• Ensure that accurate crop records are maintained for all crops and locations.
• Alert proper staff of any problems with nursery equipment.
• Willing to travel based on company needs.
• Current State pesticide license.
• Valid State Driver’s License
• BS in horticulture or related fields and 5 years of Management / Growing experience.
• Must have strong managerial experience and be able to work and lead a multitude of different personalities.
• Must possess the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Need to be a detail oriented team player with strong organizational and communication skills.
• Must have experience in the greenhouse industry and understand the complexities and challenges.
• Must have knowledge of SOP’s.
• Valid Driver License, clean criminal history and drug free
• Must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors for extended periods of time if needed.
• Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards and set a positive example for co-workers.
• Current first aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one.
• Excellent communication skills; able to speak effectively to employees, managers and customers
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Ability to apply common sense in problem solving
• Ability to read, comprehend and interpret operating instructions, training and procedure manuals, government regulations, agreements and contracts.
• Ability to run and calibrate irrigation, fertilization and any spray equipment required to achieve desired results.
• Ability to test or have tested any plant, water or media to maintain the health of each plant variety.
• Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on business needs
• Ability to tolerate exposure to greenhouse elements such as heat, cold, water and dirt.
• Able to lift up to 40 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision, self motivated
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION