Scoular is an employee-owned $6B agribusiness leading the way since 1892. We buy, sell, store, handle and process grain and ingredients by leveraging our global networks and expertise in international trade and transportation. Employing more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America and Asia, we provide safe and reliable solutions to farmers, grain processors, renewable energy producers, and manufacturers of animal feed, aquafeed, pet food, and food, beverage, and supplements. Our deep involvement in the global agricultural supply chain gives us the ability to quickly assess market needs and identify opportunities for growth and innovation.
The Export Logistics Specialist has primary responsibility for accurately and independently leading and executing the logistics needs of the business (both domestic and/or international). The Logistics Specialist will support the merchandising and sales teams and oversee the purchase and sales contract management process. This role will be in communication with suppliers and end users to make sure their needs are being met from a freight perspective. The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the inbound and outbound shipment schedules, while focusing on various transportation and logistics options to execute shipments per contractual obligations and ensuring the proper documentation retrieval. Responsible for providing optimal transportation solutions by evaluating freight rates and services from various freight partners. The Logistics Specialist will lead the freight execution throughout the supply chain by staying in daily contact with the internal stakeholders, suppliers, warehouses, freight providers, and other service providers in the supply chain
- Manage inbound and outbound domestic and/or international shipments. Communicate continuously with all stakeholders in the supply chain ensuring smooth and on time delivery.
- Promptly address and resolve all unexpected transportation related issues in the supply chain, engaging the help of teammates where necessary. Ensure disruptions to logistics are anticipated and reacted to with insight, resolve, and leadership.
- Execute logistics for the business through daily communication with the Manager and other internal and external stakeholders. Lead the overall supply chain process to ensure that sales contracts are filled on time and according to terms.
- Plan, negotiate costs, execute, and track activity in Scoular’s applicable transportation system.
- Identify opportunities for better utilization of transportation with focus on continuous improvement such as freight cost savings and work with Manager to implement savings while maintaining high level of service.
- Focus on long term strategic sourcing and relationship management with customers, vendors, service providers, etc.
- Track relevant metrics, key performance indicators prescribed by manager with focus on identifying efficiencies.
- Responsible for auditing all origin and destination demurrage and detention claims, taking the lead to acquire all necessary information to convey to Merchandisers, sales and/or Logistics Manager.
- Four year degree in supply chain/logistics/related field or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to research, problem solve, take initiative, and lead within set parameters.
- Team oriented leadership skills
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in fast paced changing environment
- Team oriented leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work flow and complete tasks with a high level of organization, responsibility, and efficiency.
- Knowledge in domestic transportation industry and understanding of freight spreads.
Physical environment/working conditions
- Scoular is a Drug-Free Workplace (for more information See the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 or your location’s Federal Workplace Poster)
- Scoular is an at-will employer. Employment is considered voluntary for employees and employers.
- This is a full-time job that may require occasional overtime.