Scoular is an employee-owned $6B agribusiness leading the way since 1892. We buy, sell, store, handle and process grain and ingredients by leveraging our global networks and expertise in international trade and transportation. Employing more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America and Asia, we provide safe and reliable solutions to farmers, grain processors, renewable energy producers, and manufacturers of animal feed, aquafeed, pet food, and food, beverage, and supplements. Our deep involvement in the global agricultural supply chain gives us the ability to quickly assess market needs and identify opportunities for growth and innovation.
The Export Logistics Assistant has primary responsibility for safely and accurately assisting in handling the transportation needs of the business (domestic and/or international). This role will be in daily communication with all inbound and outbound facilities and/or other transportation partners regarding problem resolution, scheduling and information retrieval. On a daily basis, the Logistics Assistant will be making and managing various modes of transportation including container bookings, lining up trucks/drayage and transloading services while providing high level customer service to providers and customers. In addition, this role will support the management and execution of transportation services by assisting with such activities as rate analysis, invoice verification, issuing rail billing, customs clearances and monitoring equipment.
- Support Logistics Specialists/Managers and/or Merchandisers in meeting schedules sold on contracts and communicate with applicable modes of transportation such as transloaders, ocean carriers, drayage companies and suppliers regarding shipping schedules and transport issues. Arrange freight from origin to destination meeting the schedule.
- Monitor progress against the shipping plan. Constant communication with all stakeholders in the supply chain including origins, destinations, service providers, freight providers. Ensure that disruptions to meet the schedules are anticipated and proactively addressed..
- Ensure that all rates, traffic lanes, and associated costs are accurately incurred; investigating and disputing any inaccuracies with appropriate parties with the goal to confirm and reduce costs
- Record documentation progress in Scoular internal systems and update the entries as each step is completed in the process.
- Create shipping instructions on behalf of Scoular using available systems/tools which includes handling of diversions/re-routings, taking ownership of any changes on shipments and consulting with appropriate team members for guidance
- Support the manager and internal team in meeting schedules sold on contracts and communicate with trans loaders, trucking companies, and suppliers regarding shipping schedules and transport issues.
- Responsible for auditing all origin and destination demurrage and detention claims, taking the lead to acquire all necessary information to convey to Merchandisers, sales and/or Logistics Manager.
- Track activity in Scoular’s applicable transportation system
- Demonstrated excellence in customer management
- Ability to accurately complete repetitive tasks
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and proactively to identify, research and solve problems.
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in faced paced changing environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work flow and complete tasks with a high level of organization, responsibility, and efficiency.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel experience is required