The Regional Service Provider will travel across Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, with occasional travel to Montana, Idaho, Oregon and Washington to visit with dealer sales, service and parts departments on a scheduled basis. Phone trouble shooting of issues from dealers, customers and Territory Managers will also be required amongst travel time and when off the road. Assisting and training dealer salesmen and service providers on proper PDI, set-up, field setting and launching of complete Salford Group line of tools will be a large part of the job requirement. Travel will also be required to visit machines and dealers requiring special assistance. While servicing during the resolution of issues, assisting with the coordination of parts orders, work orders and warranty forms with the Salford main office will be required. This position will assist Territory Manager’s with dealer and customer relations on an ongoing basis.
- Diagnosis machine problems and issues and provide solutions in concert with cross-functional Salford teams.
- Negotiate with dealers and customers on behalf of Salford to reach resolutions on machine performance issues.
- Negotiate with dealers, customers and the inside office staff to reach warranty solutions where required.
- Assisting dealers to make sure that their service technicians understand the solutions and are providing the correct fixes in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate to dealer technicians the correct procedures for machine repairs and maintenance.
- Demonstrate and show dealer technicians and sales people the proper setting and field adjustment of Salford Group tillage and application equipment.
- Provide preventative and proactive service and maintenance programs to dealers and customers to increase machine performance and longevity.
- Assist Territory Managers with field demonstrations by showing dealer sales people and customers the technical advantages of Salford tillage or application product.
- Assist Territory Managers with field demonstrations by showing dealer sales people and customers how to physically set for variable field conditions Salford Group tillage or application products.
- Ability to provide solutions for technical/mechanical problems, and then follow through assisting with solution delivery
- Work in concert with Salford engineering department when asked to do machine performance follow ups
- Work in concert with the Salford engineering department on possible R&D projects
- Assist with dealer technician and sales training schools when required.
- Assist Territory Manager with trade shows if available.