At Prairieland FS, you have the opportunity to make an immediate impact. Working with the industry's top professionals, you'll develop new expertise through varied job experiences and company-sponsored training programs. And you'll be recognized and rewarded for your contributions. Plus, FS believes in attracting and retaining diverse talent. You can contribute your unique experiences and background to build a community that fosters mutual respect and meaningful relationships.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
- Under the direction of the Location Manager/Crop Sales Specialist, delivers products, communicates sales leads, custom applies fertilizers, crop protection products, or ag lime, inspects fields, takes soil samples, and maintains or repairs equipment as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Delivers products to customers according to company standards and increases potential sales.
- Communicates sales leads to their supervisor.
- Blends products according to recommended rates and procedures.
- Applies crop production inputs to fields and growing crops according to recommended rates and procedures and following all pesticide labels. Records application data according to regulations and standards. Provide electronic and/or paper copies of “as applied” data on time.
- Maintain and repair company facilities and rolling stock as required.
- Responsible for inventory control and turning in application records daily. Assures all product is accounted for with either an invoice or delivery ticket.
- Scouts’ fields as required following Company scouting procedures and report findings for identification and recommendations to Supervisor and Crop Specialist.
- Collects soil samples using proper procedures. Records soil sample information for proper identification and analysis.
- Set up material handling, blending, storage, transport, and application equipment for blending and delivering products. Repairs and rebuilds equipment as needed.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for maintaining company equipment and facilities according to company standards, adhering to the company Uniform Policy, and maintaining the appropriate professional image.
- May serve on the location Safety Committee and adheres to the company’s environmental health and safety policies and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Follows Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA, and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Educations and Experience
- Normally requires previous applicator or related experience and/or training to demonstrate the ability to deliver products, custom applies fertilizers, and crop protection products, inspect fields, take soil samples, and do minor equipment maintenance.
- Proven professional communication and customer service skills and the ability to comprehend simple instructions and communicate one-on-one and in small groups with customers and other employees.
- Demonstrated time management and basic math skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, along with the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Understanding of basic computer skills as they relate to the custom application business.
- Demonstrated core competencies, including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision-making, and skill development.
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a CDL with proper endorsements and a commercial operator’s license within the first six months of employment.
- Ability to perform pre-and post-trip inspections, minor equipment maintenance, and repair, and lift 70 lbs.
- Ability to work hours other than those considered normal to meet seasonal demands.
EMPLOYEE MISSION STATEMENT
- Prairieland FS, Inc strives to provide a Total Rewards package that delivers exceptional pay for exceptional performance, recognizes your dedication to our mission, and helps us attract and retain the highest caliber of talent.
- We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Prairieland FS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, always looking for hardworking individuals to join our team.
Follow Company Alert×
Follow Company Alert Saved
Follow Company Alert