The FS brand represents a standard of excellence for agricultural and energy-related products. It's the people who represent the FS brand that set it apart. As local cooperatives, FS Companies believe it is their responsibility to ensure that our earth, our communities, and businesses perform together, sustainably. FS Companies are committed to ensuring the continued profitability for the company, their owners, and their customers, while enacting to help the environment and greater good.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
- Assumes responsibility for developing customers through effective marketing of the following products and services: crops inputs, such as fertilizer, crop protection pesticides, seed products, service income, technical services, and ag-finance program to maximize profitable sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implements marketing plans and develops sales strategies that generate profitable sales in the assigned territory.
- Utilizes target marketing and professional sales techniques, including the FS sales interview road map, cropping programs, emphasis of appropriate features and benefits, and contact management system when calling on patrons and prospects.
- Develops territory and competitive analysis to maintain a current knowledge of the marketplace and the competition.
- Provides value-added agronomic products, services, and recommendations to patrons and prospects. Schedules product delivery and application to patron locations. Conducts regular patron meetings on product and technical information.
- Provides customer service by using soil testing, crop scouting and other programs, follows up on customer complaints, and seeks a reasonable “win/win” resolution.
- Ensures the credit worthiness of customers, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained. Promotes the use of credit programs as a sales tool and helps provide the required information to establish credit.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for maintaining the assigned vehicle according to company standards, adheres to the uniform policy, and maintains the appropriate professional image.
- Ensures field signs are displayed on all customers’ fields to promote FS products
- Responsible for completing and updating profile information sheets on all key accounts and targeted prospects.
- Collects for sales of all assigned products according to company credit policy.
- Attains and maintains technical and sales skills to certification standards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Normally requires a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in agriculture, marketing, or business, or the equivalent thereof, and 2 years or more of related work experience to demonstrate knowledge of production agriculture.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the appropriate driver’s license and satisfactory driving record for the type of vehicle that will be required to operate in order to perform all the duties assigned prior to employment. Daily independent travel within the trade area with occasional over-night stays.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable professional certifications associated with the agronomy industry. (i.e. CCA, CCS, CPAg, Commercial Applicator w/applicable categories)
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours during peak seasons.
Occasionally exposed or required to:
- Extreme weather conditions (hot, cold, wet, etc.)
- Noisy conditions
- Working conditions may include dust, fumes, chemicals, and electrical hazards with appropriate safety measures
- May be required to work at varying heights
- Lift 51-75 lbs.
FS. Bringing You What's Next.
Follow Company Alert×
Follow Company Alert Saved
Follow Company Alert