New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish Heimbecker, is an exciting place to develop and grow a career in agriculture and agricultural processing that supports Canadian producers of poultry and livestock as well as producers who grow and sell their crops to global markets. A family-owned Canadian company with deep roots in grain trading, flour milling, animal feed production and live animal management, New-Life Mills has been serving the needs of livestock and poultry producers for more than 50 years. PH has invested and matured in the agricultural landscape over 100 years. With more than 60 locations coast to coast, PH offers you a unique opportunity to make your mark in a growth-oriented company with a variety of business segments.
Our success comes from a well-established network of assets, ongoing infrastructure development and the strong business relationships we nurture with farmers and suppliers. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com or www.newlifemills.com.
Loader / Spare Driver
Are you searching for a career that will challenge your practical skills while requiring you to maintain your attention to detail? We are seeking highly skilled individuals who will play a key role in efficiently and effectively manufacturing and delivering high quality finished feed products in our 24 hour, 7 day facility. You are part of a manufacturing delivery team who work on a rotating master schedule, promoting work life balance. The successful candidates will be able to work effectively both independently and within a team, which will allow production to capitalize on efficiencies promoting thru put to meet customer requirements. You will work collaboratively with the Plant Leadership team to ensure continuous operation at our state of the art feed manufacturing facilities.
Job Requirements / Key Accountabilities
• Responsible for loading New Life Mills trucks for next day feed deliveries.
• Responsible for shipping and receiving duties of outside carriers
• Backfill for full time delivery driver vacations, sick call ins and/or other delivery requirements.
• Must be able to work rotating shifts that include days/afternoons.
• Operate computerized receiving and loading system.
• Be able to lift / handle 25kg to 40 kg in a safe manner
• Be able to read digital readouts with extreme accuracy
• Maintain and file records accurately
• Must be able to fill out log books, electronic logs, and other related paperwork neatly and accurately.
• Have an understanding of quality control practices and procedures
• Have a focus on the housekeeping and cleanliness of the facility
• Must have a mechanical aptitude
• Abide by all safety rules and company policies, including completion of all required safety training.
• Able to operate material handling equipment (forklift, bobcat, and standup stacker unit)..
• Must be able to perform other related assigned duties including following HACCP and GMP regulations.
• Must have a high school diploma
• Must possess a valid AZ license
• Experience working in a production, manufacturing, or delivery setting,
• Experience working in a feed mill or agricultural related business would be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of hydraulics, dump bodies, and pneumatics would be an asset.
• Excellent communication and reporting skills
• Strong ability to multitask
• Able to work independently and in a team environment
• Effective time-management skills with ability to meet deadlines, and achieve targets in a team environment
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
To apply, please visit our career website: http://parrishandheimbecker.com/career_all
New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish Heimbecker, Limited is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, New-Life Mills is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from men, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.