Customer Service Representative
Join a team that shares your passion and enthusiasm for Canadian grain! Parrish Heimbecker, Limited (PH) has an opportunity for an organized, self-motivated and attentive individual to bring their skills and experience to a fast-paced environment in the role of Customer Service Representative (CSR), based in Viking, Alberta.
Make Your Mark
This position gives you the ability to be a part of Canadas dynamic grain industry while maintaining a healthy and fulfilling work/life balance.
Live and thrive in a vibrant community.
Located just 90 minutes southeast of Edmonton, the town of Viking is a small, thriving community and home to the newest grain terminal in the PH system. The recently-opened Viking elevator boasts a 46,000-tonne capacity, impressive inbound and outbound velocity and state-of-the-art grain cleaning and drying systems.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
PHs roots go back over 110 years, and we have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 60 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, PH is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain trading, handling and merchandising, as well as crop inputs, flour milling and feed mills.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
In the role of CSR, the successful candidate will promote the benefits of PHs programs and services and provide producers with solutions for current and future business needs. Upholding the highest standards of customer service, you will identify and develop new business opportunities for the Viking location, while strengthening existing customer relationships.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
• Prospecting and new business development:
• Generate profitable business agreements for the location and PH at large.
• Work with producers to create viable solutions for their business needs.
• Identify and monitor reoccurrence of business needs to determine trends and rising business opportunities.
• Anticipate future business needs by using proactive measures.
• Fostering and developing customer relationships:
• Promote the programs and services offered by PH in a manner that highlights the benefits to the producer.
• Maintain contact with customers and manage their needs.
• Contributing to the success of the Crop Inputs business:
• Assist with developing budgets, forecasts, and meeting inventory targets.
• Ensure constant communication with GM.
• Create customer plans, weekly sales plans and efficiently create new weekly call planners.
• Ensure contracts are compliant at all times.
• Contracting all types of grain from farm customers in accordance with the business plan.
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
• Must currently hold or have the ability to achieve P.Ag or CCA certification
• Experience in dealing with agricultural producers at increasing levels of responsibility
• Customer service and/or sales techniques and practices
• Thorough knowledge of the crops in the area, along with experience in providing modern, effective crop protection solutions for the producers in the area
• Experience in fertilizer sales
• Experience in grain contracting
• A valid drivers license
PH is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.