Northstar Seed part is now part of the global DSV network of forage and turf seed companies. Focused on producing and marketing forage, turf and cover crop seed from Western Canada to the world. An important part of our operation is our Western Canada retail sales program that distributes seed to approximately 300 dealer locations. This retail sales program consists of forage seed, cover crop, turf, and native seed.
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Manager to help us manage and grow sales and distribution through our network of approximately 300 retail locations in Western Canada. You will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential, crafting sales plans and justifying those to plans to the upper management. This position is in Neepawa, Manitoba at Northstar Seed’s head office.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team of five sales agronomists.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Plan and lead marketing initiatives, including social media.
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify opportunities and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Forecast demand
- Buy in some inventory as required, and manage overall retail seed inventory
- Coordinate the distribution of seed for retail sales between Manitoba and Alberta warehouses
- Continuous learning on forage, turf and reclamation seed products and practices
- Attend trade shows at your discretion, where you feel there is merit in you attending
- Attend the annual Western Seed Association meetings in Kansas City as part of the Northstar Seed delegation.
- Meet with potential suppliers and keep up on market information and price levels for seed.
- Occasional trips to breeding stations to evaluate new material.
- University degree preferred
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Experience and aptitude in marketing.
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
Interested in joining our Team? Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to the Hiring Manager for this position by clicking on APPLY TO THIS POSITION.