The North Peace Applied Research Association (NPARA) is a non-profit agricultural organization at Manning, in the Peace River Country of northern Alberta. Producer driven, NPARA conducts applied agricultural research and extension programs in the North Peace region.
- Location: NPARA research farm, Manning, Alberta, Canada, five-minute drive from head office.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Vacancy: 1
- Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full time 37.5 hrs/week
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Employment Conditions: Required to do overtime in the growing season for certain activities (seeding, spraying, harvest and event planning). Flexible hours outside of the growing season.
- Opportunities for further education
What you will do:
- Work closely with research coordinator to facilitate the planning and logistics of field work.
- Supervising summer student interns in the field and ensuring all field operations are conducted safely.
- Implement research and demonstration projects (seeding, spraying, maintenance and harvest).
- Assist with extension events (tours, workshops).
- Experience with agricultural equipment such as seeder, mower, harvester, and sprayers will be considered an asset
- Assist with data collection (soil sampling, emergence counts, and plant heights)
- Other duties as the position requires.
What you will bring:
- Degree or Diploma in Agriculture, preferably plant science, soil science, or agronomy.
- Driven to learn more about field research with various stakeholders (producers, agri-business, government and academia).
- Excellent written and communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Related experience in agricultural research would be an asset.
- Valid driver's license
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
Please submit your application by clicking on APPLY TO THIS POSITION, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for this position.