McEwen’s Fuels & Fertilizers is a leading provider of Agricultural Inputs and Petroleum Products in Alberta’s Capital Region
McEwen’s is committed to being an essential element in the success of our customers’ crop production
- Job Title: Summer Sales/Agronomy Associate
- Reports To: VP Sales
- Timing: 3-4 months: May – August 2021
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- A role in agronomic sales and service focuses on enhancing customer relationships through qualified agronomic advice and driven sales
- Assist the Territory Agronomist and Territory Managers with daily activities. These include but are not limited to:
- Field Scouting – pre-burn timing, insect monitoring, weed pressures, herbicide/fungicide timing, and disease presence
- Chemical/Seed deliveries – majority of our chemical is delivered to farm in season
- Assist office managers in running yards (blending, answering phones, helping customers load oil/seed/chem)
- Tendering dry / NH3 fertilizers to customers / custom applicators
- Organizing and hosting crop tours, company golf tournament and customer events
- Opportunity to manage several farms acres for entire season
- Opportunity to grow business with new and existing customers
- Successful candidate will be responsible for all the above duties in the McEwen’s Fuels and Fertilizers Trading Area. We hire several Students each year including returning students looking to make a career in the Agricultural industry.
- Location: NORTHEAST- Smoky Lake / Waskatenau
- McEwen’s is involved in several product and service lines and all team members are expected to contribute to other areas of the business if required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Individuals should have basic knowledge of agronomy and the willingness to learn. Applicants should currently be enrolled in a college or university program focused towards agriculture, sciences, or business
- You will be trained to assist in various operations of your respective branch, this will include learning to operate equipment and vehicles that ensure supply of products and services to our growers.
- You will be trained to identify crop staging, weeds, crop disease, insect problems, and crop/soil/plant deficiencies. This will occur while scouting grower fields. A Senior Agronomist will be working with you to provide training and assist you with issues or concerns that arise.
- A vehicle, cell phone compensation and other required equipment and technology will be provided as required.
- Role requires significant working hours during spring seeding season and sporadically throughout the year as required. Typical workday is 8:00 – 5:00 PM though
- Hourly wage TBD. Overtime paid at 1.5% after 50 hours in a work week
- May-August work period