Requisition ID : 1979
Landus Cooperative is currently seeking an Operations Superintendent! Do you have a passion for agriculture and like working with your hands? Would you consider yourself a leader? detail-oriented? and a team player? Then come join our team! We are seeking a motivated individual who can supervise our agronomy and grain operations in a team focused environment! At Landus Cooperative, you'll find a fun team atmosphere and a stable career that offers excellent benefits for full-time employees!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Provide prompt, professional, and courteous customer service.
- Directly supervise up to 10 employees in the operations department.
- Perform the following duties in agronomy operations:
- Understand and efficiently operate dry fertilizer plants, chemical containment buildings, and NH3 plants.
- Understand customer licensing requirements for restricted-use pesticides.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of equipment (applicators, tool bars, etc.).
- Maintain and understand records of chemical repackaging agreements and shuttle record keeping.
- Perform the following duties in grain operations:
- Understand grain flow within facility and where everything is located.
- Responsible for the timely loading of trains.
- Understand grain weighing and grading procedures.
- Perform inventory at location.
- Assist in budgeting and capital expense processes.
- Maintain housekeeping of grain, agronomy, and office facilities and follow QMS procedures.
- Perform entries in PM programs.
- Create and develop the location P/L with the location manager.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with air brake, tanker, and HazMat endorsements.
- Participate in company DOT drug and alcohol program and maintain current DOT physical.
- Must have or be able to obtain a commercial pesticide applicators license with 1A, 1B, and 1C endorsements.
- Must have or be able to obtain a grain grading and weighing license.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- Four to seven years of related experience.
- Good computer skills.
- Understand the seasonality of an agricultural cooperative and the in-season time commitment.
- Teamwork: Works hard to emphasize team success ahead of individual success.
- Safety: Protects the well-being of our employees, customers, and consumers.
- Consistent Quality: Accepts responsibility to provide quality work in a timely manner.
- Empowered: Enjoys working hard and has initiative to do what's right.
- Integrity: Displays honesty by doing what they say they will do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled