Requisition ID : 2011
Landus Cooperative is currently seeking a Field Sales Agronomist! Do you have a passion for agriculture and working with customers? Would you consider yourself someone who is detail-oriented and customer focused? Then come join our team!
We are seeking a motivated individual who can provide sound agronomic advice and build close-knit relationships with our local farmers! At Landus Cooperative, you'll find a fun team atmosphere and a stable career that offers excellent benefits for full-time employees!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Provide prompt, professional, and courteous customer service.
- Manage, maintain & prioritize a list of customers to identify the best opportunities for growth.
- Maintain and increase sales with existing customers and gain business from new customers.
- Document and submit sales call information in Customer Interaction Tracker.
- Advise customers on the proper use of products/equipment and make sound agronomic recommendations.
- Schedule timely soil samples, soil nitrate tests, plant tissue analysis, soybean cyst samples and yield checks for present and new customers.
- Develop account plans to provide customers with desired agronomic results.
- Develop and perform yield checks on test plots for customers to showcase varieties of corn and soybean hybrids, new herbicide options, tillage practices, etc.
- Provide a consistent communication channel between customers and location personnel.
- Establish and attain sales/margin goals that are compatible with Landus Cooperative's goals.
- Manage expense reports and submit on a timely basis.
- Periodically forecast sales volumes for inventory planning and budget projections.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's license.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) or equivalent knowledge.
- Have or be able to obtain a CDL and other DOT qualifications.
- Good computer skills.
- Understand the seasonality of an agricultural cooperative and the in-season time commitment.
- Teamwork: Works hard to emphasize team success ahead of individual success.
- Safety: Protects the well-being of our employees, customers, and consumers.
- Consistent Quality: Accepts responsibility to provide quality work in a timely manner.
- Empowered: Enjoys working hard and has initiative to do what's right.
- Integrity: Displays honesty by doing what they say they will do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled