We are looking for a Grain Sales Specialist to manage the origination of grain from our members/producers, which also includes the selling of risk management programs, and prospecting for new business with area farmers. The ideal candidate takes pride in their work and always goes the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
Location: This position can be based remotely within Southern Wisconsin.
- Assists and participates with the Grain Division in the planning and execution of strategies, business plans, and marketing efforts that assist the producer with marketing decisions.
- Communicates effectively with customers to; originate grain, introduce cooperative programs, and risk management tools.
- Develops long-term relationships with targeted customers by making regular farm calls.
- Utilizes the cooperative pipeline as a tool to prospect, and measures results.
- Collaborates with other cooperative divisions to gain new business.
- Promotes Grain Programs and tools matching the individual customer's needs with cooperative programs and risk management tools.
- Maintains and utilizes detailed records on the targeted customers to enhance the understanding of customer's problems and needs.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship driven customer service skills.
- Ability to develop new business and be willing to make cold calls/visits in the country.
- Ability to support and communicate the cooperative mission statement and our core competency in all daily functions.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Agricultural related field or Business.
- Bachelor s degree in Agricultural field or Business preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years grain origination or similar agricultural background experience required.
- Previous risk management experience preferred.